Monday, December 31, 2018

Looking back 2018 - The Year of Oil Painting with a Soulful experience...

Looking Back 2018
The Year of Oil Painting with a Soulful experience

As another year goes into history books, it is that time of the year to look back before saying "Goodbye". The year 2018 is a great year for my Art with remarkable memories and milestones along the path. Following are just some of those to cherish forever:
  • Accepted the challenge and did a live painting in 30 minutes organized by Calcutta Club, USA. The painting was auctioned at the end to raise funds for a charity. It was the first live painting experience for me and I enjoyed it fully.
  • Also, performed another live painting at Sanskriti 2018, an Indian Book Fair and Literature Festival at which Shobha De was the keynote speaker.
  • Approached by TANA to do a cover page for Ugadi issue, TANA magazine. Very first time for my painting to appear on a cover page for a magazine, was certainly an honor.
  • My Engineering classmate and one of my good friends, Kiran dedicated a song sung by him to my Art, what an honor by another talent!
  • Exhibited my Paintings along with fellow Kalakruti Artists at a couple of events including the annual conference,  Learnquest Music Academy in which one of my watercolor paintings got Sold. Thanks to Mrs. Sukanya Lahiri Soderland from Winchester, MA who owned my painting.
  • Designed a CD cover for a spiritual music album done by Mrs. Shuchita Rao which was officially released at this year's Learnquest Music Academy annual conference. Thanks Shuchita Rao garu for approaching me giving me this opportunity.
  • Did a series of watercolor paintings inspired by the movie, Rangasthalam. with the first sketch done at Chennai Air Port on the way to my hometown Nellore while I had to wait for an hour for my sister Indira
  • Took Dancing Krishna painting with me to Nellore, India, got it framed and gifted to my brother Sridhar. Dedicated it to my beloved Baamma without whom I wouldn't have been what I am today.
  • Visited my favorite book-stall ChelvaPilla Book Stores, Kavali after nearly 25 years. Buying a pen and a pencil selected by the owner Lakshmi Narayana garu was the most memorable experience of this year.
  • Painted Lord Ganesha, based a gift that I got from my sister Chinni, both in Watercolors and in Oil.
  • Created special morning time during my summer Canada trip with the family, and did sketches from the hotels we stayed in Quebec City and Montreal, Canada.
  • Made two sculptures Lord Ganesha and a Woman bust with Natural Clay.
  • Visited two Art Museums: Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, and Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
  • Gifted a few paintings to friends and family.
  • Painted statues of Goddess Durga, Radha and Krishna at Sri Sai Chavadi Temple, Canton, MA.
  • Displayed two of my paintings selected in a juried Art Show organized by Rhode Island Watercolor Society, Pawtucket, RI.
  • Concluded this year with an Oil Painting as my tribute to Indian Classical Dance.

I am absolutely pleased with my dedication, efforts, participations and museum visits this year. My summer visit to two Art museums, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Montreal, Canada and Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, USA hooked me to Oil Painting. I did more Oil Paintings this year that I could ever imagine to do in the shortest possible time. The sizes vary from small (11" x 14") to very big (3 feet x 2 feet). Also, styles vary from realism to abstract.

That's a fantastic soulful of satisfaction. With several professional-quality Oil Paintings done, this year, I took my Art to new levels. I can certainly declare 2018 year as "The year of Oil Painting" in my life. Once a dream media, Oil Painting, is not a dream media any more. I am glad that I could live up to the title of my blog My Soul on Canvas. When I started this blog, my heart-felt title is fulfilled now. I am looking forward to put more of my soul on the canvas in 2019 with new goals set at new heights.

Thanks to all friends on Facebook for their likes and encouraging comments. Thanks to people who took time to visit my paintings & read my writings (my another passion) on my blog and shared their feelings by comments. Also, thanks to Art lovers on Instagram who loved my Arts.

“Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” - Dave Mustaine

Thank you very much 2018, a Soulful Goodbye!

Welcome to 2019! Happy New (Painting) Year!!
నూతన సంవత్సర శుభాకాంక్షలు!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment