Friday, March 23, 2018

"1 + 1 > 2" made possible...

Song dedicated to my Art by my classmate Kiran

What a pleasant surprise I had when I received this song on Telugu New Year's day Ugadi, from one of my closest classmates since my Engineering College days- Kiran Kakarlamudi.

Kiran is a Singer whose voice and presentation I admired most in my College days. He is also a multi-faceted Artist, but had passion for Music. I still remember a song-bit I learned from him on the Guitar instrument, a song-bit from the Hindi movie, Saagar, without even knowing on how to play notes on the Guitar. He was one of very few friends in my College who used to say encouraging words about my Arts.

After many years, I heard his voice couple of years ago when he shared with me an old Hindi song he sang. I had that song playing in repeat-mode while I was doing a painting for few hours. I did love it that much. And, now this special song compiled with my Paintings and dedicated to my Art brought "Tears of Joy" in my eyes. What a great honor my Art has received from my good friend, classmate and college-roommate. His voice gave life to each Painting he picked and compiled into this most beautiful presentation of my Art.

One of my classmates Raghunandan aptly coined this phrase by saying "1 + 1 > 2 made possible" when Kiran shared this with us. In Math, 1 + 1 > 2 is not possible. But with friends 1 + 1 > 2 is possible. Friends and friendship make it possible. In this song, it is thus made possible.


Whenever Art meets Art, it's a double-inspiration, double-treat and double-honor. I cherish this special song dedicated to my Art by Kiran forever!

Thank you Kiran!
Friends forever!!

"No friendship is an accident." - O. Henry, Heart of the West

No comments:

Post a Comment