Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bonded with Love...

Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance Oil on Canvas 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)
Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Oil on Canvas 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)

I wanted to end this year with a Painting that I would be bonded with love. I never struggled this much to start a new Painting. I started a couple of underpainting sketches on canvas, but was not happy and scrapped those at the early stages.

I already had a rough underpainting sketch done for this Painting about a month ago, but I was not happy with my start. As I messed up body proportions, I kept it aside. I picked it up again and said to myself, 'this is the subject close my my heart, and I cannot leave it like that, I will have to complete it'. I corrected proportions as I was progressing. The size is bit small for getting this kind of output, and I had to put more efforts to get the outcome I wanted.

I am glad that I picked up this and I am quite happy with the result. This is my 9th finished Oil Painting, and 7th one this year alone. With that, I conclude this year, 2018. This is not the first time I leaned the fact that 'when we add love to what you do, we achieve excellence'.

"Love is the bond of perfection." - John Winthrop

Happy Painting!
Keep up the good work!!

Details
Title: Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Mediums: Oil on Canvas
Inspiration: Passion for Arts, Dream for Oil Painting
Reference: A photograph of Dream Girl - Hema Malini from my collection
Size: 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)
Surface: Stretched Canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment