Sunday, October 28, 2018

Don't just dream...

Woman with Pot
Oil on Canvas 36" x 24" (91.5 cm x 60 cm)

You must dream and put sincere efforts in making your dreams (be)come true. In fact, dreams are the best way to dissolve yourself in the process of evolving. They help renew yourself and your creativity. Also, when you dream, dream high and gauge your creations constantly to improve your talent. Having talent and not putting it into action & constant practice is equivalent to not having it all. You can always think "I can do anything". But, only by doing it, you will come to know if you "can" really do it or not.

I always say, Oil Painting has been my dream media since my childhood. As I work more and more with it, my dreams not only become true but also get bigger and go higher, setting my-own new targets and expectations up for myself. At the end of every attempt, I go through a natural process of my own evaluation. This process helps me finding mistakes. Those mistakes are nothing but opportunities of improvements that I missed and can apply in my next attempts.

When I started a sketch for this painting, I felt I had a good beginning. A good beginning can always be expected to have a good ending. My four-day journey spanning three-week-end-days with several hours of total involvement each day, along the path from the beginning to the ending of this painting, was a joyful meditation. The ending is even more joyful. This gave me fully satisfied result and makes an unique addition to my creations of Art. I would certainly say, this is one of my best so far. But the best of the best is yet to come out, one day...

There is a hidden secret in this painting. A full-blown Lord Ganesha in Acrylic is hidden underneath this Painting. I actually started my first Acrylic painting of Lord Ganesha on this canvas. But I was very unhappy with the media and the first-layer outcome. Despite buying the best Professional quality paints and complete brush-set spending big bucks, trying all kinds of techniques and making couple of extra trips to Art Stores to buy add-on liquids to extend it's drying time, it was drying as fast as watercolors. I was totally disappointed and upset with Acrylics. I decided not to waste my time anymore, Acrylics is not my type of media. Then I applied Gesso over it and started this painting in Oil. That's the beauty of Canvas, it can be reused ;)

This Painting is just born today. After 6 to 9 months, I will give it a special varnish coat to preserve and extend it's life and frame it. I am hoping, being born as an Oil Painting, this painting will have longer life wherever it finds it's permanent residence, could be my home or some one else's. The life of a painting is longer than the Artist's. A portion of my he(art) and soul continues to live forever in this painting!

Always give your best in anything you do. There is nothing more satisfying than that in the world!

Happy Painting!!

"Build your life on your dreams, because dreams never have bad endings."
-M.F. Moonzajer

Details
Title:  Woman with Pot
Mediums: Oil on Canvas
Inspiration: Passion for Arts, Dream for Oil Painting
Reference: A photograph I have come across
Size: 36" x 24" (91.5 cm x 60 cm)
Surface: Stretched Canvas board

2 comments:

  1. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing for your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for taking a minute to share your experience reading my posts. I am glad you liked it. I keep posting regularly, almost every week. Keep checking out. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete