Sunday, September 16, 2018

Painting Krishna in a Painting...

Painting Krishna - Watercolors on Paper
TAKEN FB


I actually started this as a quick watercolor sketch for my debut in Acrylic Painting. I just kept on going with it, and it turned out to be a painting by itself. It is based on a very old Picture of Singer Sri. Lata Mangeshkar that I came across randomly in social media. I still have to consider it as a sketch. Otherwise, my debut in Acrylic Painting may not take off sooner.

My own creation of Lord Krishna I did in Oils can be seen as a painting in this painting. It's a double, rather a tripe Painting, me painting Radha painting Krishna of my painting.

After experiencing Oil Painting, I wanted to try and explore Acrylic Painting. I even bought a complete set of Paints and brushes. Watercolor is undoubtedly the most expressive media of all. But, certain kind of Paintings must only be attempted in Oils/Acrylic. I think this is one such and will be a great debut for me in Acrylic Painting. I will have to get into it and feel that media...

Looking forward to my beautiful first creation in Acrylic Painting! It's going to be BIG in size as well.

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Painting!

Details
Title:  Painting Krishna in a Painting...
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Inspiration: An old picture of Lata Mangeshkar that I came across, Passion for Arts...
Size: 8.5" x 11" (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm)
Surface: Artist's Loft Sketchbook, 75 lb/110 gm2 Acid-free Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment