Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Day 10 of 10 - The Divinity of Art...

"The Divinity of Art"
Raynolds Ballpoint pen on Paper (8" x 10")   

"Divine" in Art is quite common, and goes back all the way to the oldest art-age of humans discovered till date. Every Artist at some time or other touches "divinity" in his/her own art work. The word "Divine" I am using here has got nothing to do with a religion or belief. It's rather a force, a force of faith or trust. The faith of an Artist that goes into Art is what that makes it "Divine" and "Special". Of course, Art itself is a "divine ability of creativity", neither given to all nor given equally to those given to.

Back to 1992...

I consider this drawing as Divine Art of all my Art works. It has been divine for me because it was reproduced based on my Dad's Sita-Rama drawing. With minor changes, I made it to look like Radha-Krishna. Again, nothing to do with religion for my use of the word "Divine" here for this Art work.

I grew up looking at an amazingly beautiful Indian Ink drawing of "Rama and Sita" by my Dad done before even I was born, when he was doing his Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree in "Vijaya Teachers College, Bangalore". It was done for his college magazine's cover page. The framed original Indian Ink drawing was placed in the holy Pooja room at our newly built home in my village "Damaramadugu", Nellore, India. So, it got a special holy stature by the place it was put in with all the divine energies around it. I always wanted to draw that but wasn't dared enough to try it out until 1992.
Just the thought of reproducing my Dad's drawing itself was "Divine" for me. The kind of very soft, and divinely flowing lines, each line done with utmost divine skill & care was pushing me away from the thought of reproducing it for a longtime. But, I think, the day when I did it, on my stay at our home in Kavali, after I recovered from a viral infection sickness I went through, some "divine force" finally drove me with my attempt to finally make it.

I did this with the powerful tool at that time I had in my art tool-kit, "Raynolds" Ballpoint pen. I was a big fan of that ballpoint pen for it's unique quality of sharp, consistent & smooth flow of ink flowing through the rolling ball, simple & cute design, good quality material, and the perfect hand-grip that brand offered when it came out in Indian market. It was little bit expensive but was affordable for anyone. That was the finest of the finest ballpoint pens of that time.

I finished this drawing in one sitting. I can't imagine myself doing that now. All kinds of faith I had put into my sincere attempt, and all kinds of respect I had for my Dad's original drawing, had granted me the "divine force" to do this. I could feel all the divinity at that time while I was doing it. Now, when I think through it, I can rediscover all that divinity in it.

I firmly believe that Art is a gift in my life. It was the gift that God had given to my Dad, and my Dad passed it on to me. By using it, I feel that I am only continuing what his life-span did not permit him to do. It is with great respects for my Dad, I carry his soul with my soul in my Art.

Every piece of my Art has a piece of my heart in it.

~ ~ ~ ~ *** ~ ~ ~ ~

When I accepted the challenge on Facebook, I felt like posting my initial paintings done during my exploration of painting world that were never-seen-on-facebook. As I started to look back by selecting, a painting a day, my (he)art started letting the memories of each come out into my writings. I certainly enjoyed doing this series, which I don't think I can ever repeat. I'd say more than I did it, I felt it and enjoyed it. Feeling and enjoying is more important than doing anything.

When I look back into my Art, there were all kinds of feelings including several instances of frustrations, many joyful, some sadful, few proudful, a bit laughful, and even tearful moments. But, one thing that kept me going was my passion.

Keep your passion alive, and it gives you a life truly fulfilled, and fully-filled!

Thanks to all who read my heart and shared their invaluable feelings with me by all means!

13 comments:

  1. వాళ్ళిద్దరూ బహు నాజూకుగా కనిపిస్తున్నారు చిత్రంలో ... ఇలాగే ఉండేవారా అనిపిస్తూ 👌👏.

    మీ చిత్రానికి సంబంధం లేని ఒక random thought లెండి గానీ .... దేవుళ్ళ బొమ్మలంటే గుర్తొచ్చింది మా రోజులలో దేవుళ్ళ చిత్రాలను (రంగులవి లెండి) సామాన్య ప్రజల్లోకి బాగా ప్రాచుర్యంలోకి తీసుకువెళ్ళింది కేలండర్ల కంపెనీలు 🙂. మరి ఆ కంపెనీలకు ఏ ఆర్టిస్టులు బొమ్మలు వేసిచ్చేవారో తెలియదు.

    అవును ఆ బాల్ పాయింట్ పెన్నులు బాగుండేవి. ఇప్పుడు వస్తున్నవీ ఉన్నాయి ఎందుకూ ... నాసిరకం. ఏమన్నా అంటే యూజ్ & త్రో 😕.

    మొత్తానికి పది రోజుల దీక్షా పూర్తి చేశారు. అభినందనలు 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. అవునండీ, మా నాన్న వేసిన సీతారాముల్లో ఇంకా బాగంటారు. ఇక్కడ చూడొచ్చు.
      https://soul-on-canvas.blogspot.com/2015/05/what-dreams-may-become-true.html
      అవునండీ, అదో దీక్షలా గతంలోకెళ్ళొచ్చాను ;)
      Thank you for reading all.

      Delete
    2. మీ తండ్రిగారు వేసిన సీతారాముల బొమ్మ చూడడానికి ఇంపుగా ఉంది. ఆ బొమ్మను మీరు వేసినప్పుడు రాధాకృష్ణులుగా మార్చినట్లున్నారు, బాగుంది. ఆ strokes
      నైపుణ్యం మీ తండ్రిగారి వద్ద నుండి మీకు చక్కగా సంక్రమించినట్లుంది. తండ్రికి తగ్గ తనయుడు అనిపించుకున్నారు 👏. Indeed a tribute to your father 👌.

      Delete
    3. sir, Narasimharao garu, could you please send your email ID to anilskumard11@gmail.com

      Need your assistance.

      Delete
    4. విన్నకోట నరసింహా రావు గారూ, థ్యాంక్యూ సో మచ్ అండీ.

      Delete
  2. Art itself is a "divine ability of creativity"
    It's very true.
    Claps for the ten days gingerly effort 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much అండీ for following, reading and sharing your comments. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. మరి ఆ కంపెనీలకు ఏ ఆర్టిస్టులు బొమ్మలు వేసిచ్చేవారో తెలియదు.

    As per my knowledge Ravi varma paintings only circulating till now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks నీహారిక గారు. రాజా రవి వర్మ కాగితం మీద దేవుళ్ళకు రూపాన్నిచ్చాడు. థాంక్స్ అండి.

    ఫాదర్ ఆఫ్ కేలెండర్ ఆర్ట్ రాజా రవి వర్మ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. అవునండీ, అప్పట్లో ప్రతి ఒక్కరి ఇంట్లోనూ దేవుళ్ళ పటాల్లో ఒక్కటైనా "రాజా రవివర్మ" వేసినది ఉండేది.

      Delete