Thursday, December 24, 2020

Double Portrait...

"Double Portrait"
Portrait of a Newly Wedded Couple
Watercolors on Paper (10" x 16")  

Like many Artists by nature, I like to be accurate with anything that I do. Painting portraits push me  closer towards achieving that. A failure doesn't matter for success, but every detail matters in a successful Portrait.

This portrait is first of it's kind I have ever attempted. It's not a single portrait, it's a combination of two portraits in one. Theory of probability applies here. With two portraits happening in the same painting, the probability of making it more accurate multiples by lowering down chances of success.

When one of my School seniors sent me text from India asking if I could do a portrait of his Son who was getting married, I didn't have to think before saying "Yes, Anna, I will.". To keep my word, I did this for him to present to the newly married couple. I wish the new couple, "A Very Happy Married Life"!

"The probability of failure doesn't matter to me." ~ Vinod Khosla

Happy Painting!
Happy successes and failures!!

Details 
Title: Double Portrait
Mediums: Watercolors
Size: 12" x 16" (30.5 cm x 40.5 cm)
Surface: Fabriano extra-white Watercolor Paper, Cold Press, 140 LB

No comments:

Post a Comment