Saturday, March 7, 2020

Nothing is easy...

Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Watercolors on Paper (11" x 14")  
  

Nothing is easy and nothing comes free either. The more the efforts, the better the result. Any work that requires skill is always challenging. Ones own skill levels vary depending on the mood and surroundings.

Arches watercolor paper is not my preferred surface, but have been trying on this lately to keep challenging myself on surfaces that I think are harder for me. To make it even harder, I tried it on the reverse side of the paper which is usually not recommended. After all, if everything is so easy, what's the point of doing it again and again. Easy ones are the ones that are routine. Harder ones are the ones that make us learn and grow.

“If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. That’s why they call it artWORK!” 
~Lee Hammond

Happy Painting!
Enjoy hard-work!!

Details
Title: Nátyánjali - my tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Size: 11" x 14" (28 cm x 35.5 cm)
Surface: Arches Watercolor paper 140 lb/300 gsm2

No comments:

Post a Comment