Saturday, October 19, 2019

Delicacy...

Delicacy of Indian woman hairstyle
Watercolors on Paper (8.5" x 11")   

Art is delicate, so an Artist is. Dealing with delicacy is not easy both in Art and in person. I love delicacy. This hairstyle and particularly this view of head is interesting to me for doing a portrait. This is not the first time I did this pose. I did a very similar pose in the past which was a full-blown watercolor painting. Check it out here.

I had to add so much of delicacy to my brush-work in dealing with all the delicacy in this portrait on a sketch book paper which is not good for watercolor painting. Enjoyed delicately dealing with all the delicacy.

Happy Painting! Be delicate, don't be rough!! ;)

"True strength is delicate." - Louise Berliawsky Nevelson


Dedicate this Painting (Oct 23, 2019)

I dedicate this painting to my VR Siddhartha Engineering College Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science, Sri. Jatindas Dandamudi garu who taught us programming languages Fortran and COBOL along with other Computer Science subject with a passion. Our batch of 20 students was the very first batch of Computer Science from that college. Hence we had a great bond with all our Computer Science lecturers and professors back then and we all have been affectionately connected with them since then.

I got in contact with our professor a couple of years ago on Facebook and since then he used to appreciate my Paintings regularly through his comments. I am deeply saddened today to know about his demise. In fact, he appreciated this Painting just two days before he passed away. That comment has now become so precious to me. I consider and will remember his last words about my painting as his last blessings for my Art!

Sir, thank you so much for being a beloved Professor and we greatly miss you now! With tears running down from my eyes, now I recollect and I remember all those classroom-days when you were teaching us. I pay my great respects to you and what we learned from your teachings. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May his soul Rest in Peace!

Thank you Sir! 🙏🙏🙏


Details
Title: Delicacy in Indian woman hairstyle
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Size: 8.5" x 11" (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm)
Surface: Artist's Loft Sketchbook, 75 lb/110 gm2 Acid-free Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment