Sunday, July 19, 2015

I always enjoy...

Beautiful Indian Woman Hairstyle
TAKEN: $450

Whether it is a sketch, a drawing or a painting, I always enjoy doing hair in a Portrait. Whenever I do hair, I always recollect my college days of doing fine photograph-like hair in my drawings and paintings. Couple of Professional Artists and few of my college-friends used to compliment my works saying that I get hair done so nicely and so accurately.

Though I never did a Painting of just hair, in this Painting I challenged myself to see how I do it in a Watercolor Painting. I think, I could do it ;)

Details
Mediums: Watercolors
Title: Beautiful Indian Woman Hairstyle
Category: Portraits
Inspiration: Random Pictures
Size: 16" x 18" (40 cm x 46 cm)

Toolkit
Surface: Artistico Fabriano Watercolor Paper, 140 lb Cold Press,
Paints: Daniel Smith Extrafine Quinacridone Purple, Red and Sienna, Winsor & Newton Neutral Tint , Opera Rose and Quinacridone Gold, and HWC Lavender
Brushes: Da Vinci Kolinsky Round Size 1, 3, 5 and RAPHEL Pure Squirrel Mop Brush (N0. 8)

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with it Giri...
    Mridula

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very first Painting sold. My own sister Indira bought it. She wanted to be first buyer of my Painting if at all I sell any. I did put this for Sale in an Art Exhibition and she contacted my and bought it. I am glad it found it's new home.

    ReplyDelete