Sunday, July 28, 2019

Quality comes by quantity...

Dancing with Colors...
Watercolors on Paper (8.5 " x 11")    

I missed many things in life. Along the way of busy/lazy life (my synonym for busy is lazy), I also missed my passion: Art for many years. Not anymore, I am back with it now. When we miss somebody or something for a longtime and meet again, we feel like catching up. That's what I am doing with my Art. Catching up with time, time that went way ahead of me. I have many years to catch up. The only way to do so is to be with it, more and more.

I strongly believe in work, hard-work rather. Success comes by quality, but quality comes by quantity. All successful Artists are the ones who did tonnes and tonnes of art works. The more we work, the better we get at anything.

Don't get trapped by misleading and very discouraging words, "it's quality not quantity that matters". In reality, both matter. After all, quality can never be achieved without quantity, especially in Arts. Just go and do it, whatever you feel like and whenever you feel like. Transform it into a habit, one day you will get there, where you want to.

There are two erased pencil outlines underneath this painting. I wanted to do this Indian classical dance pose very differently. Started by doing a simple line sketch, erased and started doing more realistic, erased again and started to do just shadows. Happy with the outcome.

When my brush dances on the paper, my soul dances in colors... ;)

Happy Painting!
Dance with your soul!!

"Quantity and persistence will get you the outcomes you need." - James Altucher

Details
Title: Dancing with colors...
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Reference: A photograph collected from Narthanam
Size: 8.5" x 11" (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm)
Surface: Artist's Loft Sketchbook, 75 lb/110 gm2 Acid-free Paper

2 comments:

  1. The face lets down the painting. Of course it is very difficult to capture beauty in a 90 degree view. The great artiste bapu Garu gets it right almost always.

    It is an honest observation. No offense intended please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no, I wouldn't take anything offensive. It's in fact a good observation and I am glad to read your comment so that I can improve on. The fact is, this is done on a regular sketch paper and I focused more on the overall pose and less on expression. Next time, I wouldn't repeat this expressionless dancers. Thanks again.

      Delete