Sunday, July 7, 2019

Learn to be...

Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Watercolors on Paper 16" x 20" (41 cm x 51 cm)   

Patience is one among many that passion teaches us, as long as we are open to learn. I like doing anything fast(er). I never used to like slow in (m)any thing(s) in life. My passion for Painting is my teacher these days. One of the best things I learned and am still learning from it is patience. When I do things patiently, the results are very different.

Indian Classical Dance is another form of Art that I admire most, I do not know why. The only way I can pay my tributes to this Art is through my Paintings. A dancer with Konark Temple backdrop has been there in my dream-list for a long time, since 2010. This is my attempt with watercolors, patience and hard work. I am happy with the outcome. I will repeat the same in Oil on a huge canvas for my new dream home.

"I've learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work."
- Greg Behrendt

Happy Painting!
Have patience!!

Details
Title: Nátyánjali - My tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Reference: A Dancer photograph from my collection and Konark Temple pictures
Size: 16" x 20" (41 cm x 51 cm)
Surface: Arches Watercolor Paper

4 comments:

  1. This is your best picture so far, sir. Did you draw it using a model or this is your own creation? Either way your attention to detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for all the encouraging words. The dancer pose is from a photograph as a reference. Background is my idea.

      Delete
  2. I always wondered why the persons depicted in paintings of great artistes also appear expressionless. The dancer's face misses the liveliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for very constructive criticism. I welcome such comments. I do know that for such a big effort like this, I should have focused more on the expression. I am focusing on it more now than ever. Please, check out my recent couple of posts. I am now focusing more on expressions. Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

      Delete