Saturday, March 1, 2014

Art Inspires Art...

Indian Classical Dance
One form of Art always inspires another form of Art, there is no doubt about it! Indian classical dance is a very fine subject for any Artist to do a series of Drawings and Paintings. The gestures and facial expressions found in this form of dance are endless.

I happened to go to an Arangetram (the debut on-stage performance of a classical dance student ) of one of my neighbor's daughter. She was such a wonderful dancer and her performance was so inspiring and I took pictures of many postures for my series of future paintings. This painting is based on one of those pictures.

This is another painting that I started more than an year ago, but only finished it last week to call it "done". For many days I was just looking at it thinking about what to put in the background. Finally decided to just go with a bright color in watercolor way. I am happy with the color that I had put for the background and it helped elevate all other colors in this painting and made this painting more appealing to me.

Happy Painting ;)

Materials 

Mediums: Watercolors
Surface: Beinfang Watercolor Paper, 140 lb. 207 GSM
Size: 9" x 12" (23 cm x 30 cm)
Paints: Grumbacher - Violet, Cadmium Yellow pale hue, Winsor & Newton - Raw Sienna, Cobalt blue, Cadmium Orange hue, Hooker's Green, Rowney Georgian - Burnt Sienna, Ultra Marine Blue
Brushes: 10 round sable, 00 synthetic Winsor & Newton, and 000 Sable synthetic blend

2 comments:

  1. Hi Giri
    Your paintings, as usual, is beautiful. I love the color choice too.
    Mridula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mridula. I appreciate you for taking a minuet to post your comment here.

    ReplyDelete