Saturday, December 28, 2019

Face (of) the Future...

"తెలుగమ్మాయి"
Watercolors on Paper (9" x 12")    

Today is tomorrow's yesterday. But, that yesterday can meet tomorrow again today by our actions. What we do today impacts and influences tomorrow. So, live today fully. When today becomes yesterday, don't leave yourself in there. Meet yourself again in your future with your past!

As I always learn from my own works and mistakes, this painting taught me many things. The initial pencil sketch came out so good with no eraser used. But it looked odd and bit small on the size of the paper I chose. With no other thought, I had to erase and redo a bigger sketch. I wasn't happy with this sketch as I was with the one I erased, but decided to start painting and fix it along the way.

The reference picture I chose looked just cute. But, an Artist eyes see something that ordinary eyes don't. My eyes saw the charming smile and innocent looks. I just wanted to capture those two beautiful features as my eyes saw. I was quite happy with my efforts. With my never-give-up efforts, this goes into the list of my favorite paintings.

Now, when I look at this painting on any day, I meet myself in the past. When a very satisfied past meets the future, it makes it happy. My past not only meets my future, but makes it happy!

"One faces the future with one's past." - Pearl S. Buck

Happy Painting!
Influence your tomorrow, today!!

Details
Title: తెలుగమ్మాయి
Reference: Niharika - Telugu Actress
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Size: 9" x 12" (22.9 cm x 30.5 cm)
Surface: Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper, 140 lb/300 gm2

No comments:

Post a Comment