Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Heartful Goodbye to an Artful year - 2013…


Yet, another year has gone by and as the year 2013 soon becoming "the past", I look back into it recollecting all my (he)artful memories of this year.

The year for me started with Art, working with a small group of Indian Artists (Kalakruti MA) in and around our town, Sharon and preparing for the BigHelp Pongal-Republic Day celebrations. I can’t forget how much of a fun it was for us choosing our own Art works for display at this event. Also, the moments of- all the brain-storming, planning, discussions and preparations that we had gone through for getting our Art works turned into bookmarks, coasters and greeting-cards for sale at the event in raising funds for BigHelp- are still fresh in my heart. In addition, it was a delightful and challenging experience at the event to be part of the Judges Panel, judging Kids’ Art works.

Also, this is the year I started blogging on my Arts again, by posting the very special Art work that I did specially for the BigHelp event.

Much of my commuting-time to work was very well spent, sitting on the train with my heads down and sketching in my sketchbook. I had even finished a whole sketchbook and started a new one. Gone were the very few days with me not opening my sketchbook. Back home after work, I even spent many pleasant evenings, sitting on our deck and coloring some of the sketches I had done on the train. Many times, I felt like- "I found my way of finding time for Art, no more regrets!"

I continued the tradition that I adopted few years ago, the tradition of making Lord Ganesha out of a clay block for the festival "Vinayaka Chavithi". Of course, it only got better, year after year.

Besides those Art works that I did for myself, I designed a Logo for my kids Robotics team, second year in a row. I also did few art works for a friend of mine for his science research paper on DNA, soon to be published.

Friends, Artist-friends of Kalakruti MA, Sharon Public Library, Books, Art magazines, Nature and Face book have all been the sources of inspirations for me.

The year 2013, is another year that I remember as a year that took me into Arts and filled my (he)art with many unforgettable memories.

By remembering all the fine moments, truly spent with my "soul", I say my heartfelt "Goodbye to an Artful Year, 2013".

No comments:

Post a Comment