Saturday, May 18, 2019

Experiment and experience...

Indian Woman
Ink and Watercolors on Paper...8.5" x 11"    

Black and white was my very first exploration of Painting when I was a kid. I did quite a few that looked like Paintings, just by experimenting with ink and water on regular notebook paper. That was the ultimate challenge I ever had in Art. At that time I did not know anything about painting. All I wanted was to get a portrait that looked like a Painting.

After a long time, again I am hooked to Black and White, challenging myself again on the paper that is not meant for Painting. This time it is also just one color, not ink, but a professional quality Watercolor paint. It is not the paint, but is the surface that plays major role in Watercolor Painting. Challenging surfaces make you experiment, make you do mistakes, and thus make you experience. After all, it is the experience that teaches you to be a master of anything in life. Keep experimenting, keep experiencing, and keep learning from your mistakes.

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde

Happy Painting!
If you don't experiment, you don't do mistakes. If you don't do mistakes, you don't gain experience.

Details
Title: Indian Woman...
Mediums: Ink and Watercolors on Paper
Inspiration & Reference: Random picture from my collection
Size: 8.5" x 11" (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm)
Surface: Artist's Loft Sketchbook, 75 lb/110 gm2 Acid-free Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment