Sunday, October 22, 2017

Travel back in time with memories...

Statue at NewPort Mansions
Watercolors on Paper
When I visited Newport Mansions, Rhode Island this summer, a bare-breasted woman statue found in Rose Garden of Rosecliff Mansion caught my attention. This painting is based on a picture I took. The mansions are filled with stunning Sculptures, beautiful Paintings and wonderful Art works. Rich people who got those mansions built truly had a sense for Art and they lived their full life in those mansions with nothing but Art and beautiful Nature around them.

This statue of a woman is located in Rose Garden outside Rosecliff Mansion. I am not sure how many people passing by on the way to the beautiful ocean-front back yard stop by at this statue to admire the beautiful sculpture work. It was really stunning!

I am glad I seized the moment of my admiration of this beautiful statue in my own painting now.

"Time moves in one direction, memory in another." - William Gibson

Put memories into your works and travel back in time. Keep Painting!

Details
Title: Rosecliff Statue
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Reference: A photograph taken by me when I visited Rosecliff Mansion, Newport, RI
Inspiration: Passion for Arts...
Size: 11" x 14" (28 cm x 35.5 cm)
Surface: Arches 140lb, Cold Press

No comments:

Post a Comment