Sunday, June 1, 2014

One of my Dream Paintings...

Hampi - Watercolors on Paper

Every Artist dreams to paint certain subjects, places or people of personal interests. Hampi- once used to be the Capital City of Vijayanagara Dynasty, and now left as a ruined City of Magnificent Sculpture has been one of my dream places of subject for a series of paintings.

I visited this city with my friends when I was in Engineering College and that still remains as one of memorable vacations in my life. We spent a tireless day walking all around the ruins of great many sculptures and many many wonderful things heard and seen in this big city spread through few square kilometers on the banks of river Tungabhadra. Though much of this city was ruined long ago, each sculpture and rock speaks in silence about the skill of many great Sculpturers who built this glorious city of sculptures.

I am glad to make a bold attempt of one of my dream paintings on a bigger size. Many more to come in coming years...

Happy Painting ;)

Materials 

Mediums: Watercolors
Surface: Arches Watercolor Paper, 140 lb, Cold press
Size: 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)
Paints: Winsor & Newton - Vandyke Brown, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Hooker's green, Ultramarine Blue and Prussian Blue.
Brushes: 8 round Sable, and 2 round Sable

No comments:

Post a Comment