Friday, August 30, 2013

Speed Test...


Some times, I do put my skills and abilities to a speed test and Art is no exception ;)
Yesterday, I was on the train commuting to work. Half way through my commute, I was flipping through a Newspaper and an advertisement page caught my eye. I immediately opened my back pack, pulled my sketch pad & pen, and said to myself: "I should finish off a quick sketch of this beauty by the time I get off the train."

I hardly had about 15 minutes or so to do so. My heads were down and my (he)art was up running right into it. Finished a rapid sketch before the train reached the station. Came home in the evening and gave it a colorful touch. Not many sketches in my sketchbook get that touch, only few lucky ones do ;) 

Little bit of daily practice of anything is good in life and makes us better and better at it as we keep doing. My sketching has been improved a lot and the confidence levels have even gone up. Earlier, I used to open my sketch book, thinking "I don't know how it is going to end up like". Now, as I open my sketch book, "I know how anything is going to end up like."

Media: Pen (Uni-ball Deluxe Micro Pen), Ink and Watercolors on paper (8" x 11")

No comments:

Post a Comment