Thursday, October 18, 2018

Art is Divine...

Goddess Durga - Sri Sai Chavadi, Canton MA

I was extremely humbled by this opportunity given to me to re-paint Goddess Durga at Sri Sai Chavadi Temple in Canton, MA, USA. Few months ago, in a Pooja function at one of my friend's place, when the priest Narayan Ji asked me to Paint the Goddess marble statue, I was just surprised. I immediately said, "Sure, Swamiji, I will come, take a look, and will do it". Then, I was wondering "How did he know that I do Painting?".

I was in fact, planning to start Acrylic Painting lately and even bought all necessary supplies. When I explored about the right Paint to use for Marble, I was convinced with Acrylic Painting as more suitable than any other. The day for Acrylic Painting finally and suddenly had arrived two weeks ago. I dedicated a weekend and spent about 8 hours of my sincere time-and-talent near Goddess Durga.

I always feel Art is divine. Experiencing it with the nearness of Divine force of the Goddess is even more divine for me. When I was half way through this job, the priest came to take a look and said, "Giridhar garu, it's coming out so nice. Maata Ji (Goddess Durga) knows the right person to assign this job to. That's how she called you and you are brought in". I was more humbled by his words. His son Dhanush, a 9th grade kid was with me for sometime asking me interesting questions about Painting while I was on this job. It was a divinely wonderful experience for me and my Arts.

Here is the Goddess Durga before and after:


I was also asked to cover minor color marks that the Uthsav statue of Goddess Dugra had on the face which was brought from India for this Navarathri festival.

Uthsav Statue - Goddess Durga

I also noticed that the statue of Radha and Krishna needed a similar Art touch as well. As the Temple didn't plan for it, I just touched eyebrows, eyes and painted hair. Another weekend is due for this work and awaiting the call from Lord Krishna and Radha.

Radha Krishna
By this opportunity, my Art received special blessings during this auspicious days of Dasara Festival. I was happy with my sincere attempts to give my best.

"Be sincere when you commit. Don't commit if you have any doubts on your sincerity."
- Giridhar Pottepalem  

"Painting is the grandchild of nature. It is related to God." - Rembrandt

దసరా శుభాకాంక్షలు!
Happy Painting!!

Details
Mediums: Acrylic
Venue: Sri Sai Chavadi, Canton, MA, USA
Date: 5th, 6th and 7th October, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment