Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy Ugadi - an opportunity knocked my door...

Ugadi - Telugu New Year, an exclusive done for a
Telugu Magazine - TANA Patrika

When TANA Patrika's new in-charge Gorthi Sai Bramhanandam Garu approached me on Facebook messenger and asked me "Can you do a Painting for a special magazine issue we are bringing for Ugadi, Telugu New Year?", my immediate reply was "Yes, I will". He then went on saying, "You have 10 days of time". Art is not my full-time job, it's only a hobby. I said, "Then, I only have one weekend to work on it in the next 10 days, I will do it".

That's nothing but an opportunity knocked my door. If I had said, I don't have time, the opportunity would have gone and knocked another door, also would never come back to knock my door. Instead, I opened the door and welcomed it, set my time aside for it, and gave my best efforts. The result was this very satisfying Painting. When you build a door for opportunities, the opportunities find the door,  stop by, and knock it.

It was a great honor to have my Painting go on the cover page of this very special Telugu New Year's issue, Ugadi Sanchika. Many Legendary Telugu Artists like Sri Vaddadi Papaiah, Sri Bapu and many more Telugu Artists' Paintings took TANA magazines' cover pages. It's been a great feeling to have my Painting also made to that spot.

Many thanks to Gorthi Sai Bramhanandam Garu for the trust & belief in me and on my Art.

Here is the Link to the Magazine: http://patrika.tana.org/March2018/mobile/index.html. Page 15 has brief details about me and my Art.

The cover page with my Painting:


About me and my Art in the Magazine:

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." - Milton Berle

Details
Title: Ugadi - Telugu New year...
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Inspiration: An opportunity knocked my door...
Size: 16" x 20" (40.6 cm x 50.8 cm)
Surface: Fabriano Extra White, Cold Press, 140lb/300 GSM Watercolor Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment