Sunday, July 30, 2017

Spread Wings and Fly...

Nátyánjali-14 - My Tribute to Indian Classical Dance
Watercolors on Paper

After attending two Arangetrams (on-stage debut performances) of Bharathanatyam and Kuchipudi, two weekends in a row, I didn't have to think of a subject for my next Painting. I took tons of pictures for my own reference at both the events. This particular one is based on my own picture I took in New Jersey at the Arangetram of Twin Daughters, Deepa and Roopa of my good friend SuryaPrakash Irakam from my High School, Kodigenahalli, AP, India. It was a feast to eyes watching the twins performing on the stage for 3 hours perfectly in sync.

My series on Indian Classical Dance goes on with this 14th one in this series as my Tribute to this wonderful form of Art.

I did it bit differently than my previous Watercolor Paintings, tried in vibrant colors. In order to fly, one needs to spread wings. Spread your wings of skill, fly through the clouds of creativity and reach destinations of your dream!

Keep Painting, Keep the Inner-Joy flowing!

I gifted this framed Painting to my friend, Parakash when he stopped by to visit me. He was so happy to have it. I liked the care he showed when he was placing it in his Car, he was worried that it could get damaged while driving. I am happy, my painting found a new home, the home of one of my childhood best friends, a gift to his twin daughters who are so talented and are inspiration for this painting, also are there in this painting...

Details
Title: Nātyānjali-14 - Indian Classical Dance
Mediums: Watercolors on Paper
Inspiration: Arangetram by Twin Daughters Deepa and Roopa of my Friend, Passion for Arts...
Size: 12" x 15" (31 cm x 38 cm)
Surface: Arches 140lb Watercolor Paper Block, Cold Press

No comments:

Post a Comment