Monday, December 5, 2016

Day-6 of Painting Challenge on Facebook . . .

Poster colors on Paper

Poster colors on Paper
Day-6 of Painting Challenge on Facebook . . .
Painting-1
This #painting is based on a photograph published in "The Illustrated weekly of India" in an article about the Indian epic #Mahabharata played by Russian Artists on the stage. The original photo was of a Russian Artist who played the role of #Draupadi. The actual published photo was in color but I did it in #BlackAndWhite.
Signed and Dated: Feb 9, 1989

Painting-2
This #painting is based on a photograph published in "The Illustrated weekly of India" in an article about #BSarojaDevi, a south indian movie actress. This shows how Indian movies portrayed the same role #Draupadi. The original published photo was in #BlackAndWhite, but I did this in colors. I used Red color for the saree with white jewelry. It had some finest details put in with brush.
This is a photocopy of my original painting taken at that time as I did not preserve the original with me.
Signed and Dated: Dec 13, 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment