Sunday, November 27, 2016

Day-1 of Painting Challenge on Facebook . . .

Day-1 of Painting Challenge on Facebook
Accepting the nomination for a 7-day Painting Challenge from one of my good Art Friends Mridula Satyamurti, I will be posting one painting each day starting from today for next 7 days. I chose to post my college days Paintings rather than recent ones in this challenge. These are the Paintings that I did when I was in my #EngineeringCollege #vrsec in #Vijayawada.
This very first #Painting is a mere copy of "Uttam Kumar"- a fantastic #TeluguArtist of those years who worked as an Illustrator for #Telugu weekly magazine #Andhrabhoomi, the one and only one Artist from India who later worked with thousands of other Artists for Hollywood animation movies. As I always say, his Paintings inspired me in my college days to hold a brush and start painting.

This is based on one of his paintings he did as part of his series in #Andhrabhoomi magazine under the title "Uttama Naayikalu". This one is one of my early watercolor paintings done with #CamelPosterColors. Needless to say that one of my best came out at the very beginning of my journey with #Watercolor Painting.

"Imitating Masters always gives an Artist a jump start with learning". Hope my Facebook friends enjoy this series. Thanks to Mridula Satyamurti for nominating me to take part in this 7-day challenge.
Details
Mediums: Camel Poster Colors on Paper
Inspiration: One of Uttam Kumar's Paintings published in Andhrabhoomi Telugu magazine
Size: 8" x 10" (20 cm x 25 cm)
Signed and Dated: Dec 11, 1988

2 comments:

  1. HI sir i am an artist from my school days by seeing drawings of uttam

    ReplyDelete