Saturday, May 9, 2015

What dreams may (be)come true...

A tribute to my Dad

A tribute to my Dad...


Lord Rama and Sita by my Dad
I grew up observing closely my Dad's wonderful Indian Ink Drawing of Lord Rama and Sita. This is the drawing that I stared at most in my life.

Later I tried the same with Ballpoint pen and changed it to Radha and Krishna. Doing a full-blown Painting of the same has been in my dream list for a very long time. I finally attempted to make my dreams (be)come true...

Going BIG...

I never tried this big size Painting. Very first time, I tried 22" x 30" (56 cm x 76 cm) watercolor painting. That is big for a painting like this in watercolor. I spent many hours and in fact probably the longest time of all in recent years. Though I started this last week, I struggled today along the way to get it done. More than anything, my struggle was with both faces to get that pleasant look, as close to as pleasant they look in my Dad's work...I know, I couldn't quite get there for obvious reasons :(

At least, I am happy I made a bold attempt. If I had waited further, the time would never have come!

This is my TRIBUTE in many respects...

Never give up with the God's given gift in life. That is the only way to pay respect to God.

Happy Painting!

Details
Mediums: Watercolors
Title: Radha & Krishna
Category: Random portraits - Admirers
Inspiration: My Dad's Drawing
Size: 22" x 30" (56 cm x 76 cm)

Toolkit
Surface: Saunders Rough High White Watercolor paper, 140 lb Cold Press
Paints: Every single color from my Palette
Brushes: Da Vinci Kolinsky Round Size 1, 3 and 5

1 comment: