Monday, February 16, 2015

Singing of Colors...

Singing Birds
Gifted

Every painting is nothing but an experience of a series of brush strokes. When I started watercolor painting an year ago, I was bit tight on holding the brush and used to have my face even very close to the paper. Some Artists would call it- Painting with the Nose. I still do that little bit when I get to the details of certain portions of the painting. But majority of my paintings these days are done very loosely. Painting with freedom is more important, and then only, one can truly experience the Joy of Painting.

This Singing Birds is based on a photograph that I came across recently. To me, the birds look like they are singing in joy. I added my own singing of colors to the painting around the joyfully singing birds.

Sing along with the colors while painting, it makes it a joyful and enjoyable experience.

Enjoy Painting and Keep Practicing ;)

Details
Mediums: Watercolors
Title: Singing Birds
Category: Nature
Inspiration: A photograph by Debashis Das on Facebook
Size: 15" x 22" (38 cm x 55 cm)

Toolkit
Surface: Saunders Watercolor Paper Rough, 140 lb Cold Press
Paints: Winsor & Newton Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Violet, Neutral Tint
Brushes: Da Vinci Kolinsky Round Size 1, 3 and Raphail 8

No comments:

Post a Comment