Sunday, February 15, 2015

Nātyānjali-5: Indian Classical Dance...

Nātyānjali - Indian Classical Dance

The Nātyānjali series I started last August goes on with this 5th painting in the series. The much needed  inspiration to start a painting comes for this out of my treasure-box-of-inspirations from my college-days of good-old news-paper-cuttings. It is based on a bhangima (pose) by Versatile Dancer and Telugu actress Bhanupriya.

This takes me back to my Engineering College days. I did a pen sketch of this for our College Magazine during my final-year exams after my juniors requested me saying not to leave the magazine without any of my Arts for that year. I didn't get a chance to look at the printed magazine as it was scheduled to be printed after I finished my college.

Good (g)old memories last longer than (m)any!

I am very satisfied with this painting. Turned a 4" x 6" paper cutting of black & white picture into a big color-painting of 15" x 22". The outcome was very clean and crisp, one of my best so far. Of course, as I always say- The Best is yet to come.

Check my previous paintings in this series here.

Keep Painting and Keep Practicing ;)

Details
Mediums: Watercolors
Title: Nātyānjali - Indian Classical Dance
Category: Random portraits - from my news paper clippings
Inspiration: Pose by Telugu actress Bhanupriya
Size: 15" x 22" (38 cm x 55 cm)

Toolkit
Surface: Saunders Watercolor Paper Rough, 140 lb Cold Press
Paints: Winsor & Newton Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Red, Opera Rose, Ultramarine Violet and Neutral Tint
Brushes: Da Vinci Kolinsky Round Size 1, 3 and 5

No comments:

Post a Comment