Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Missed Opportunity...

Girl with Pot
As life moves on, we keep collecting few "Missed Opportunities" here and there. When we look back, there are certainly many things in life that we feel about like - "Huh...I should have done that...". An Artist is no exception and will have many such missed opportunities.

Life cannot be rewound, but certain "Missed Opportunities" in life can be caught again in future. Every missed opportunity will be an opportunity again in life- when it knocks the door one more time in future, and once knocked, only if the door is opened. Once caught in future, the missed opportunity gives an opportunity to give our best.

Pencil sketch done 20 years ago

This painting is based on one of my few "Missed Opportunities" in the past. I did a pencil sketch about 20 years ago, to start a Watercolor Painting. However, the ketch never turned into a Painting. My Art Collection is my Treasure for ideas and catching those "Missed Opportunities".

When I opened my treasure yesterday looking for ideas for a new Painting, the pencil sketch once again knocked my heart. This time, I am happy to say that, I smiled and opened the door, caught the opportunity and turned that Pencil Sketch into a Watercolor Painting. I am sure, I wouldn't have done any better than this,  if I had done 20 years ago.

Every opportunity cannot be caught at the first time. Life may contain "Missed Opportunities", but life itself cannot become a "Missed Opportunity" with many regrets left on the list of "Missed Opportunities".

"Left is an opportunity, benefit from it!" - Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

Happy Painting ;)

Materials 

Title: Girl with Pot
Mediums: Watercolors
Surface: Arches Watercolor Paper, 140 lb cold press
Size: 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)
Paints: Winsor & Newton Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Red, Ultramarine Violet, Opera Rose, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Turquoise Light, Permanent Sap Green, Cadmium Lemon and Neutral Tint
Brushes: Da Vinci Kolinsky Round Size 0, 3, 5 and 8

No comments:

Post a Comment