Saturday, August 30, 2014

An Indian Festival full of Art - Vinayaka Chavithi

Hand-made Lord Ganesha made of Natural Clay
Ganesh Chaturthi a.k.a. Vinayaka Chavithi is an Indian Festival celebrated all over India. In fact, this is probably the only festival that special idols of Lord Ganesha are made or bought and worshipped for many days. The idols are immersed in lakes and rivers on the last day of the festival.

The idols are made in great many forms...there are no restrictions or limits to one's imagination of creating an idol of Lord Ganesha. Recently, making idols with eco friendly material has been gaining popularity in and outside India due to increasing environment pollution.

I also celebrated this year's festival by making an Idol from natural clay. Sculpture being another form of Art that I have been aspiring to do since my childhood, this festival gives me a chance to test my aspiration. This is my 5th year of celebrating this festival by making an idol of Lord Ganesha.

Happy sculpting and Happy Vinayaka Chavithi ;)

Vinayaka Chavithi Pooja

No comments:

Post a Comment