Sunday, March 16, 2014

Going bigger....


A feedback that I got lately from many of my friends and viewers was- "You will have try bigger paintings". I attempted a portrait on a bigger paper 16" x 20". This is probably the biggest portrait and watercolor painting I have ever tried so far.

This is based on Telugu playback Singer and multi-talented artist Sunitha's portrait posted on her Facebook page. Though I lost her exact facial features along the way, I enjoyed doing a portrait of this big in size. It is easier to flow and blend colors.

Happy Painting ;)

Materials 

Mediums: Watercolors
Surface: Arches Watercolor Paper, 140 lb, Cold press
Size: 16" x 20" (40 cm x 50 cm)
Paints: Winsor & Newton - Raw Sienna, Cadmium Orange hue, Olive gren, Hooker's green, Rowney Georgian - Burnt Sienna, Grumbacher Academy - Cadmium yellow pale hue, Ivory black
Brushes: 8 round Sable, and 2 round Sable

No comments:

Post a Comment