Monday, January 20, 2014

A common theme...


Doing a series of paintings on a common theme is quite common in Painting. I have been doing paintings on random themes lately. Now, I am planning to take a theme and do a series of paintings on the same theme. To start with I selected my first theme: Floral ;)

This is my second painting in this series, yet many more to come.

I tried to loosen up my brush strokes little bit in this painting, by making it little closer to abstract, leaving little details for viewers' imagination.

Every stroke is a learning in painting. It makes us discover more and more techniques if we loosen up our style little bit.

Happy Painting ;)

Materials 


Mediums: Watercolors
Surface: Aqvarelle Arches Watercolor Paper (block), 140 lb. Cold Pressed (stretched)
Size: 12" x 16" (30 cm x 40 cm)
Paints: Grumbacher - Violet, Winsor & Newton - Opera Rose, Cadmium Red, Olive Green, Hooker's Green, Grumbacher Academy - Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue
Brushes: 10 round sable, 00 synthetic Winsor & Newton, and 000 Sable synthetic blend

No comments:

Post a Comment