Sunday, February 10, 2013

Traits of Portraits...

Portrait Painting is a specialized skill. It requires study of the subject in depth. Not only, the primary focus is on the person's facial features, but also on the characteristics. Every face has it's own unique characteristics. Once those are captured and painted, much of the portrait is done. The rest is to make it look nicer with the background and other dramatic additions. A background certainly adds more depth to the portrait.

This is the very first time, I tried a portrait in real watercolor style. Before I started to paint it, I had doubts if I could do it. The painting came out to my satisfaction. I think I met the expectations that I had set to myself. Of course, practice practice and practice - that is the only rule that works in life to get better and better at anything.

 Materials 

Surface: Beinfang 140-lb watercolor paper
Paints: Burnt Sienna (Rowney Georgian), Violet (Grumbacher)
Brushes: 10 round sable, 00 synthetic Winsor & Newton, and 000 Jaina synthetic
Mediums: water
Size: 9" x 12"

Portrait in Watercolors

This is the same one that I did a sketch with added colors yesterday. Now, I tried watercolors to see how it can be done in this media. My next stop would be Oil. Trying the same in different media makes me explore and understand all media and get to know it's strengths and limitations.

Portraits is always a fun ;)

Telugu Version

చిత్రలేఖనంలో Portrait అన్నది ఓ ప్రత్యేకమైన నైపుణ్యత. దీనికి వేస్తున్న వ్యక్తి ముఖకవళికలే కాక అందులో ఉన్న ప్రత్యేకమైన ఫీచర్స్ తీరూ మరింత శ్రద్ధగా గమనించాలి. ప్రతి ముఖంలోనూ ఓ ప్రత్యేకమైన లక్షణాలు ఉంటాయి. ఆ ప్రత్యేకతలు  వెయ్యగలిగితే చాలా వరకూ వేసినట్టే. చుట్టుపక్కల నాటకీయంగా రంగులు అద్ది దానికి మరింత ప్రత్యేకత తీసుకు రావచ్చు.

ఇది నేను మొదటి సారి వాటర్ కలర్స్ తో ఈ విధంగా ప్రయత్నించిన Portrait. వేసే ముందు వెయ్యగలనా అన్న అనుమానమూ రాకపోలేదు, వేశాక సంతృప్తికరంగా అనిపించింది. సాధనే జీవితాన అన్నిటికీ మెరుగుపరిచే సాధనం.

నిన్న వేసిన స్కెచ్ ని ఇప్పుడు వాటర్ కలర్ లోనూ ప్రయత్నించి చూశాను. తదుపరి ప్రయత్నం ఆయిల్ పెయింట్స్ లో. ఒకే బొమ్మ వివిధ రకాల మీడియం లలో ప్రయత్నించటం వలన అందులో మెళకువలు మరింత బాగా నేర్చుకునే వీలుంటుంది.

Portraits వెయ్యటంలో ఎంతో తమాషా ఉంటుంది ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment