Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dream Art...

For several years, it's been my dream to take a theme and do series of paintings on that theme. One of the very first themes that made into my list was ‘Indian Classical Dance’. I did few drawings and sketches on this subject in the past. But, I never followed my dream to make it a reality.

However, recently I have been thinking about it and started the first sketch for my first painting in this series. Initially I wanted to do a rough sketch with fewer details to see how my idea looks. As I started working on it, I was more into it and started adding more and more details. The idea was to have a posture of an Indian Classical Dancer that I did a pencil sketch in the past with a rich Indian traditional background. I chose Konark Wheel for this as the backdrop. Where else the rich Hindu tradition can be found better these days, other than temples in India?

I hope my dream project takes a shape soon.

Media: Pen ((Pilot PRECISE V5 Rolling Ball - extra fine), Ink and Watercolors on paper (12" x 16")

Bharatha Naatyam - sketch

Telugu Version

కళ - కల
చాలా కాలంగా ఒక సబ్జక్ట్ తీసుకుని దానిపై వరసగా కొన్ని పెయింటింగ్స్ వెయ్యాలని కోరిక ఉంది.. అందులో మొదటిగా ఎప్పటి నుంచో అనుకుంటున్నది భారతీయ నృత్య కళలు. ఇదివరకు దీనిపై కొన్ని బొమ్మలు వేసినా నా కలని నిజం చేసే ప్రయత్నాలు మాత్రం చెయ్యలేదు.

ఈ మధ్య ఆ కలకి కార్యరూపం ఇవ్వాలని మొదటి స్కెచ్ వెయ్యటం మొదలు పెట్టాను. మొదట రఫ్ గా వెయ్యాలనే అనుకుని మొదలు పెట్టినా నెమ్మదిగా అందులో లీనమై మరింత విపులంగా వెయ్యసాగాను. ఇందులోని ఆలోచన ఒక భరత నాట్య భంగిమకి వెనుక భారతీయ సాంప్రదాయం ప్రతిబింబించేలా చిత్రించాలని. దీనికి కోణార్క్ దేవాలయం లోని రధ చక్రాన్ని, ఇదివరకు నేను వేసిన ఒక నాట్య భంగిమనీ ఎంచుకున్నాను. హిందూ దేవాలయాలపైన గాక మరెక్కడ అంత గొప్పగా భారతీయ సంస్కృతి కనిపిస్తుందీరోజుల్లో, కదూ!

త్వరలో ఎప్పటినుంచో కలగా మిగిలిన ఈ ప్రాజెక్ట్కి రూపం వస్తుందని ఆశిస్తూ...

No comments:

Post a Comment